Submit a New FITS Request
FITS is here to assist the university community with your facility and spatial data needs. If you are in need of assistance regarding one of our systems or the data we manage, please submit a FITS Request using the following link:
If you’ve ever seen a drone flying across campus, it could be a Facilities Information and Technology Services (FITS) pilot collecting different types of data like RGB imagery, multispectral imagery, or LiDAR. FITS uses this data for spatiotemporal analysis, object detection and more.
As positions change and new members join the Facilities Information and Technology Services (FITS) team, we hear from three staff members about their new roles and what to know about them.
The university’s geographic information system, also known as GIS, provides a variety of mapping data for the campus community, including building information, walking directions, the campus tree inventory and more.
What We Do
- Maintain and develop floor plans and 3D models for all university buildings
- Provide high quality space data, reporting and analysis along with timely access to record documentation through utilizing the Space Information and Management System (SIMS)
- Strategically expand the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) for existing buildings, design and construction, planning and operations
- Expand and maintain an innovative enterprise GIS and provide high quality GIS related services and applications
- Provide room numbering for all university projects
- Provide technology management and leadership for various A&P systems and datasets, including developing integrations and dashboards for university data